Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Black raspberries!

     Here is the fruit of our labor. The back corner of our backyard is full of raspberry bushes that are producing like crazy this year. In case you can't see what the scale says we got over half a pound of super yummy raspberries that the kids would have devoured all of if I hadn't taken the bowl away before they finished it off. This fall I am planning on transplanting some of the vines to a more easily accessible location. I have a clothesline outside that I don't use, so I am going to place the vines between the two poles and on either side
of it. I am hoping the middle row will vine up it and the others I can hopefully extend as time goes on. If anyone has knowledge of the best way to get a maximum yield from the berries, let me know!

No comments: