Thursday, August 5, 2010

Night time snack

     Behold the filling and tasty one point after dinner snack. It consists of half an orange pepper, one small cucumber from the garden, 1/4 of a tomato, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of grated parmesan. I tried putting it in a pita, but it fell apart so I turned the pita into chips instead by putting it into the toaster, made some yummy chips that went very well with the salad. I would definitely suggest making your own pita chips. Fresh from the toaster oven (or conventional oven) warm, crisp and seasoned to your liking. I just had it plain but you could certainly spice it up with some butter spray or cooking spray, or a mist of salad dressing, the choices go on and on. I think I'll try it with honey mustard spray dressing the next time. Okay, better stop before I go make another snack!

No comments: