Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My new favorite food

    Matt and I have been eating quite a bit of Weight Watcher's and Skinny Cow brand ice cream, but I have now discovered that it's possible to by half gallons of fat free sugar free high fiber ice cream. I recently got vanilla bean from Turkey Hill and strawberry from Kemp's. Both have 70 calories, 0 fat and 5 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup serving. So, 1/2 cup of ice cream for one point! Tonight for dessert I had a very satisfying 2 point sundae by weighing out 2 points worth of ice cream and then putting thawed blueberries and raspberries that I had bought frozen on it (I love that when you thaw out the berries they create their own liquid as a "sauce").

     I might try figuring out how to make my own frozen treats. First, I'm going to try freezing cups of regular yogurt to see how that works.

No comments: