Monday, January 10, 2011

It's been awhile

     I know that it's been awhile, but I have been busy. I am now working at the deli in the Shaw's here in Springfield, VT. So, I was working two jobs, but I recently had to quit my job at the middle school because we could no longer afford to send the kids to daycare. I am looking into the possibility of having someone come live with us and having that be my job. I won't be able to put up anything about that since it will all be confidential.
     Matt and I have fallen a bit off the WW wagon since we stopped going to meeting and the holidays were here. We are renewing our commitment to continue the weight loss. (We are both over 50 pounds lost now.) We are going to be trying to do the plan where we only eat what are now called power foods. However, we are still allowed to use weekly points for whatever we want, so tonight I am making a decadent meal: macaroni and cheese. Working in the deli I have access to first pick of the end packages and I got one that had swiss, american, and provolone cheeses in it. I used that, added some cheddar, some fat free half and half, some butter substitute and (obviously) pasta. It's cooking right now.
     I also made some wicked good oatmeal cookies today:

1/2 cup buttery substance
1/2 cup mushed banana
1 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (I used half all purpose, half whole wheat)
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon salt
teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups quick oats
1 medium apple, cut into pieces
1/4 cup dried cranberries

Combine ingredients in the order listed above. Drop by tablespoonfuls, cook 10-12 minutes at 375. They are super moist and super yummy!

No comments: