Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What's for dinner? (12-6-10)

    Tonight we had tacos. I got previously frozen lean ground beef, I had never heard of that before, 93% lean for the price of 80%! I cooked the ground beef and added taco seasoning. You can buy the packets, or make your own. There are plenty of recipes online. Also, a great way to save money on the seasoning is to find a store like my mother's store that sells spices in bulk. This way you are not paying for the packaging and you can buy only what you need. Hint: bring in your empty jars to refill. This way you know what you wanted to get, you save the bags, just don't forget to have them weigh the jars first so they can take that weight off and you're not paying for the jars!
    On the "buffet" of toppings we had refried beans, tomatoes, and shredded cheese. If I had more time I would have added a few veggies, but most likely I would have been the only one eating them. Many times I have corn with this meal. However, the jury is still out on whether or not that is a veggie or a starch.
    Time from stovetop to tabletop - 15 minutes!

No comments: