Sunday, February 13, 2011

A week of meals

When I plan my menus I try to first utilize what I already have in my cupboards, fridge and freezer and then supplement from there. If you have a great one week menu plan I would love to have you share it with me! Here is a link to a great weekly menu planner page. organizedhome.com/printable/household-notebook/weekly-menu-planner

Currently in my fridge and freezer I have half a pork roast, a whole chicken, chicken breasts, and catfish. So, I will be planning my meals around those things.

Monday: Breakfast - Heart shaped donuts (it's valentine's day what can I say?) and baked apple slices with cinnamon and honey.

Lunch - Chicken salad sandwiches (made from the white meat of the whole chicken) and salad

Dinner - Salsa chicken recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1480345(made from the dark meat parts of the whole chicken in the crock pot) served over rice.

Tuesday : Breakfast - Cereal with bananas

Lunch - Tuna pasta (I make it with whole wheat pasta, a can of light tuna, some frozen veggies and a fat free white sauce) recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1471882 This isn't the recipe for this, but it involves a white sauce.

Dinner - Pulled pork in the crock pot served on light hamburger buns with carrots cooked in the crock pot with the pork

Wednesday : Breakfast - French toast and oranges

Lunch - Open faced chicken sandwiches made with the white meat left over from the whole chicken on wheat toast with gravy and low fat cheese with sweet potato

Dinner - Teriyaki catfish with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans

Thursday : Breakfast - Cereal and oranges

Lunch - Soup, made with whatever I can find around. (ex. leftover chicken, potatoes, frozen broccoli, fennel)

Dinner - Rosemary Chicken www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1459.0 with roasted potatoes and carrots

Friday : Breakfast - Spinach strata (just eggs, milk, spinach and seasoned to your liking baked for about 20 min, don't forget to spray the pan with cooking oil)

Lunch - Fruit smoothies (milk and frozen fruit in the blender, you can also add frozen yogurt, regular yogurt and/or protein powder or anything else you might like)

Dinner - Slow cooker lasagna www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-lasagna/23546794-7262-47be-9ca4-e12c900399a1 This is the basic recipe, I replace the sausage with 96% lean beef and the ricotta with fat free cottage cheese, etc.

Saturday: Breakfast - Bagels and scrambled eggs with salsa and refried beans

Lunch - Burgers and fries

Dinner - Homemade chicken tenders and salad

Sunday: Breakfast - Cereal and fruit cocktail

Lunch - sandwiches/leftovers

Dinner - Ratatouille with rice

No comments: