Thursday, February 3, 2011

White Bean Bread

Yummy. I looked around to try and find a recipe for bread with beans in it. I can't remember what inspired me to do that, maybe I thought it would be less PP. I was wrong about that, but it is so worth it. I found this recipe for bread with pinto beans in it and altered it a bit. Here is what I came up with:

White Bean Bread

Looking for a homemade bread that is naturally high in fiber and protein? Well, this is it! Perfect as a side for soup or used to make healthier croutons.


    1 15.5 oz. can of Cannellini Beans 1 cup skim milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground ginger 2 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp melted margarine 2 cups all purpose flour 1/3 cup wheat germ 1/3 cup oat bran or wheat bran 1/3 cup flax meal 1 tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten 2 tsp bakers yeast

Directions

Drain and rinse beans. Blend beans and milk together. Add all ingredients into your bread maker in the order recommended by your manufacturer. Set on white bread 1 1/2 lb. loaf. Wait for it to be done and enjoy. Makes 16 servings, 3 PP per slice. 
 
It didn't rise too well, but it sure is tasty!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Make excellent french toast too!