Monday, January 24, 2011

Brownies!

My mom gave me some oat bran and I have been experimenting with it. Thought I would add it to this recipe and really give these brownies a healthy kick! This morning I made french toast which I covered in oat bran after the egg mixture, the kids loved it. It came out crunchy on the outside and soft and yummy on the inside. I put cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and vanilla extract in the egg/milk combo. It was like having dessert for breakfast. With food that tastes this good, it's hard not to eat well! 
 
Black Bean Brownies

PointsPlus™ Value:    2
Servings:  12

Preparation Time:  10 min
Cooking Time:  45 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy

These healthy brownies will satisfy your sweet tooth and add fiber to your diet.

Ingredients

    15 1/2 oz canned black beans  
    2/3 cup Egg Beaters Egg Beaters  
    1/4 cup Cocoa powder  
    1 medium banana  
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce  
    1/4 cup sugar  
    1/4 tsp table salt  
    1/2 cup oat bran or wheat germ  
    1 tsp baking soda  

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an 8 by 8 baking dish or 12 muffin tins. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

No comments: