Sunday, January 30, 2011

Banana Slow Bread

While looking around for a recipe for bread I happened upon this one on Allrecipes.com. I healthied it up a bit and came up with this:


Banana Slow Bread
PP Value:    2
Servings:  16 (If 12 then 3 PP)

Preparation Time:  5 min
Cooking Time:  150 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
A more filling and more versatile version of banana bread. Great for a quick snack, breakfast or an on the go lunch when coupled with a yogurt (or other protein).

Ingredients

 4 medium bananas
2 1/2 cup(s) White Whole Wheat Flour   
1/4 cup(s) uncooked oat bran   
1/4 cup(s) ground flax seed meal   
  1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk   
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon   
1 tsp ground nutmeg   
2 Tbsp honey   
2 1/2 tsp yeast   

Instructions


Blend the bananas in a blender or break into small pieces. Place all ingredients in bread maker in the order your manufacturer suggests. Set on White 1.5 pound loaf. Relax and enjoy!

I don't know if it is because my yeast died, or because of the lack of enough liquid, but mine didn't rise very well. My kitchen is also very cold and I left the ingredients in the bread maker overnight and set the timer so that it would be ready at 9am. 

I'm going to go test my yeast right now. Have fun!

No comments: