Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dinner for 1/27/11

    I think that I have come up with the best meatloaf recipe, at least for my family. The kids both finished theirs and then asked for more. Guess I'll have to make them each their own the next time.

The following makes three servings:

4 oz. ground chicken breast
6 oz. 96% lean ground beef
1/2 cup potato flakes
1 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach leaves
1/3 cup egg whites
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 F. Combine all ingredients. Put in individual casserole dishes or in a larger dish and bake for 30-45 minutes. I put a layer of cheese on top of each one as well, then broiled them for about 2 minutes before taking them out.

I served this with the Pumpkin crescent rolls I mentioned in my previous post which came out fairly dense so only Max and I liked them. I ate one with a slice of colby jack cheese, heavenly. 

No comments: